Facebook advertising comes under Social Media Marketing/Optimization segment. Facebook is an innovative and affordable way to advertise your products and services compared to other mediums like TV, Print, Radio which are very expensive. Facebook has a large reach over Indian audience which results your business to reach large audience. Another important factor is you can create long term relations with your audience, customers through your business page, here you can reach your audience again with your new offers, new products.
Some interesting things you can do in Facebook ads:
- We can reach very larger audience which is equal to TV media, but comparatively in very low cost.
- Advertisers can target their audience as per their age, location, gender, interests, life events, education, job titles etc.
- Advertisers can engage with and create long term relations via their Facebook page which is your showcase of products and services and other activities of your business.
- We can retarget visitors who have already visited our ads or websites.
- Overall design and presentation of news feed ads is like regular post which hardly noticeable this results in higher rate of interaction with ads.
Here one can think that i have already created my Facebook business page and i regularly update it and post new offers / information but it is officially declared by Facebook Inc. that “Pages organically reach about 16% of your audience” – Facebook for business; Date: 23 April 2012. This clearly means you can’t reach 84% audience of your page organically. But why ? Simple, Facebook needs revenue from ads. So you can reach your exiting audience only through ad campaigns.
Facebook ads objectives/types:
- Brand Awareness – Increase awareness for your brand by reaching people who are more likely to be interested in it.
- Reach – Show your ad to the maximum number of people.
- Traffic – Send more people to a destination on or off Facebook such as a website, app or Messenger conversation.
- Engagement – Get more people to see and engage with your post or Page. Engagement can include comments, shares, likes, event responses and offer claims.
- App Installs – Send people to the app store where they can download your app.
- Video Views – Promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand.
- Lead Generation – Collect lead information from people who are interested in your business.
- Messages – Get more people to have conversations with your business in Messenger to complete purchases, answer questions or offer support.
- Conversions – Get people to take valuable actions on your website or app, such as adding payment information or making a purchase.
- Catalogue Sales – Create ads that automatically show items from your catalogue based on your target audience
- Store Visits – Promote multiple business locations to people who are nearby.